Tuesday, October 29, 2013

"Try It Different" Tuesday: Savior's Birth

Whenever our artists submit new stamp designs, it's like opening a present. I love the anticipation of seeing what Inky will be getting!

Even when we work very closely together on a particular idea or theme, there is still always an element of surprise as to how the final artwork will look.

For me, Christmas came early this year, when I first saw the illustrations for 11191MC Savior's Birth Clear Set (drawn by artist Tammy DeYoung):

Besides the fact that I love Tammy's word art in her new Christmas Cheer collection, the images in this set are just heart-meltingly cute, don't you think?

Check out the shepherd and the little lamb in his arms, shown in this sweet card by Michelle Pearson:


The clean & simple layout would make this card easy to recreate for your Christmas mailing list. But if you want to gussy it up a bit, here's another version:


I counted six changes...can you spot them all?

Michelle used the Baby Jesus image in a sample card, too:


Which one do YOU like best, Inky friends?

4 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

an absolutely precious stamp set! :)

Sue D said...

I like them all but if I was making a lot of them for Christmas I like the first one best.

Denise Bryant said...

Sweet cards! Delightful stamps!

Mary-Anne V said...

Very sweet Christmas set.love the sentiments.