Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday Stamping With Kim O'Connell: Carrot Bunny

"My stamping addiction began in the spring of 2009, when I took my kids into the local craft store to buy some supplies to make our own Easter cards," says Kim O'Connell. "Those couple of $1 stamp sets that I found in the clearance bin have multiplied like bunnies and taken over my home."

Boy, I sure can relate to that! What about you, Inky friends?

While we're on the topic of bunnies and stamps, have you seen 10954MC Carrot Bunny Clear Set (drawn by artist Janie Miller):


It's one of our most popular Easter sets, and the Carrot Bunny image (3200L in wood mounted) has been a long-time favorite. Just look at the simple yet very sweet card that Kim made featuring this stamp:
 

"I get a lot of requests to do tutorials on coloring," admits Kim. "I am in the process of trying to figure out the video thing. As soon as I do, you will be able to find tutorials on my blog. I also have started posted the list of Copics I use when I do blog posts, for all of you who are curious about which colors I use."

You can check out Kim's blog for the marker details on our little rabbit guy, for example:


Won't you please help me thank Kim for being our fantastic Inky Guest Designer this month? I'm honored that she agreed to share her talent with us. If you agree, just leave a comment at the end of this post with a note to her.

You'll also be entered in a BLOG CANDY giveaway. On Wednesday, November27th, I'll randomly choose the winner for 10954MC Carrot Bunny Clear Set. I'll post the lucky person's name here on the blog, so please check back to see if you've won!

15 comments:

Tammie E said...

Thanks for the opportunity to win the stamp set; those bunnies are just the cutest! Kim's work is amazing...love her clean and simple designs. She makes it look so easy!

stamping sue said...

Kim your bunny card is so adorable and the coloring is terrific. I'm a color pencil gal but your did a fabulous job with markers. thanks for sharing.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Scull said...

what a fun and happy card with this stamp set. love that big carrot! :)

am excited to see your upcoming coloring videos. I am rubbish at using my Copic markers.

Barbara Thompson said...

Kim, this bunny is so cute!! I'm such a big fan!! Love this inky Antics Carrot Bunny set. Would love to make some cards with this set!!!

Janeen said...

These images are so fun! I first found Kim on FB and just had to connect to her. Yes her coloring skills are amazing.

Julie E said...

Love Kim's work! Congrats and such a cute card!!!

Katie said...

Really cute card! Love the sentiment and the grass you created! Great set. :) Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Sue D said...

Great coloring and thanks for being the Guest Designer!

Sandy said...

Somebunny likes bunnies like I do! Well done Kim! I was surprised but delighted down to my furry toes (heheee) to see a bunny in November! Hope to win this cute set! Read 1 Peter 1:7 as the 14 K comment would go great on a card with this scripture. God Bless!

Lady Penguin said...

This is so adorable. The perfect reason to make tons of Easter cards!

Love Kim's card

Unknown said...

This is just the cutest bunny! I'd love to win the set and play with the coloring.......
Laura Holt
[Google will enter me as "unknown"]

Indy said...

Goodness this is the cutest image! Love Kim's work!

designermc said...

Kim, I love the bunny and the carrot. The sentiment is so fun. Great coloring and good luck with your video project.
Nancy

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Ah, cute stamp!!

Marina Johan said...

Great work Kim! Congrats and thanks for sharing! :D