Sunday, December 1, 2013

Sunday Stamping With Nancy McClelland: Born In Bethlehem

Now that December is upon us, most folks will be spending some of their time purchasing holiday gifts.

Nancy McClelland lives in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, which is "a city that doesn’t have large amount of shopping, but it’s only a short drive to shop Des Moines, Chicago, and the Mall of America."

While she's busy driving to her shopping destinations this month, among all her other activities, I'm delighted to introduce Nancy as our Inky Guest Designer for December:
 

"I’ve been stamping about 15 years, [since] my daughter became a Creative Memories Consultant. I really liked the stamping and card making, [but] not the scrapbooking," she admits. "So now, years later, I have this full-time hobby and couldn’t be happier."

Just like Nancy, I'm also very happy because I get to share her wonderful creations with you!

"The most important thing in my life is God," says Nancy. "I’m a strong Christian and do my best to praise him every chance I get."

One of the many ways to share her faith, as a stamper, is to start with 11208MC Born In Bethlehem Clear Set (drawn by artist Nancy Baier):


Nancy used this set to create a beautiful Christmas card, which is full of lovely details:


"I started this card with the yellow background paper," Nancy explains. " I saw it in one of my paper pads (Crate Paper's DIY Shop) and knew that it would be perfect for this image."

After coloring the manger scene with a variety Copic markers (E20, E31, E21, E35, E40, E42, E43, E44, E55, E57, YG91, W1, Y26) that coordinate with her papers, she cut the image into an oval using a Spellbinders die and added a little Amuse Studio Stardust Finishing Spray on top:


"I wanted to use the large banner die from Spellbinders, so I stamped the sentiment in the middle," continues Nancy. "Using a large decorative banner punch from EK Success, I created the extra layer below the sentiment."

You can see what she means in this close-up view:


Don't you love all the bling, too? I think it's so cool how she decorated the banner with glitter and rhinestones, and then placed smaller rhinestones in groupings all over the sunray pattern to give it sparkly and movement:


Are you interested in a chance to win your own 11208MC Born In Bethlehem Clear Set? Please help me welcome Nancy as our Guest Designer for December by leaving a comment at the end of this post, and you'll be entered in a BLOG CANDY giveaway.

On Wednesday, December 4th, I'll randomly choose the winner for the same clear set that Nancy used above and post that person's name...so please check back to see if you've won!

7 comments:

Tammy C said...

Beautiful job, Nancy. God has blessed you. Continue to praise Him.

Debbie Fisher (debbiedee) said...

beautiful card Nancy! I love the "rays" that go out in the paper and the bling you used.

Jennifer Scull said...

everything about this card is just perfect and shows your love for God in each detail! the banners are amazing as are the rays on the paper. this is one of my favorite of Nancy's sets. so excited to have you here at Inky Antics this month! :)

Mary-Anne V said...

Such a pretty stamp set and it really makes you stop and think about the real meaning of Christmas.Lovely creations!

Sue D said...

Welcome Nancy! Love this card. Great choice of papers and I like all the sparkle.

Katie said...

Welcome! What a wonderful card! Such a neat design, I love the rays and the gems too! And the drawings in this set are wonderful. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

mjd said...

Love each and every card you design - you are a blessing