Sunday, December 22, 2013

Sunday Stamping With Nancy McClelland: Ollie Ostrich

"I had a great time working with this image, [and] I knew the minute I saw it what I wanted to do," declares Nancy McClelland. She's referring, of course, to the ostrich stamp in 11035MC BaZooples #4 Clear Set (drawn by artist Vicki Schreiner):


"Because of my love for Copic coloring, I tend to stick to the basic stamping for my images," Nancy explains. "I do find that some of my images look so much better when heat embossed. First I colored with Copic Markers using my interpretation of an Ostrich (E41, E42, E43, E50, Y23, W0, W12, W4, and W7). Then I added the feathers on the tail."

When you see this image (6007H in wood mount), which was fussy cut and popped up with foam tape on the card, you just have to smile:
 

After the image was done, explains Nancy, "I gathered several papers and then started laying things out for the card."

Many of the papers came from her scrap stash, plus she used Lilybee Designs Paper in Destinations. Here's an angled view of her various layers, including a zigzag strip, which is one of my favorite parts:
 

After you put everything together, you end up with this absolutely delightful card:


Bet you can think of some-birdy special who would get a real kick out of this project! Thanks to Nancy for her whimsical card, and to you for stopping by today.

6 comments:

Karen said...

the feathers are the bomb! Sooooo Cute!

stamping sue said...

Great card! like the addition of the feathers.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Jennifer Scull said...

what a fun card with the addition of the feathers!

Jackie, just wanted to send you another hug....can't stop thinking about you and your Daisy dog....so glad you had such a beautiful life together. may those memories make the tough days a little easier to bear. love ya, girlfriend!

Jackie Wamhoff said...

I agree with you, Karen and Sue, those feathers are fantastic. :-) Thanks for your notes...and also to Jennifer, you're the sweetest. Steve read all the warm comments that people had left and was touched by them, too. Hugs right back to you!

Sue D said...

Great patterns and card design and love the feathers.

ScrappingBeauty said...

Love the feathers and print!