Tuesday, January 28, 2014

"Try It Different" Tuesday: Water's Edge Clear Set

As you know, there are so many wonderful things about stamping. One of them is being able to transport yourself to another place, no matter where you happen to be at the moment!
 
Today it's -15 degrees in Minnesota, so I'm escaping to the seaside as I show you some beautiful cards made by Inky artist Nancy Baier. Let's start with this dockside view, as we dabble our toes in the lapping waters:
 
 
How many changes do you see in this second version? (I counted seven differences. Can you find more?):
 
 
The cool shades of blue and purple add a tranquil, soothing feeling to these cards. But if you want a livelier appearance, you can switch to a contrasting yellow and blue palette with red thrown in for pops of color:
 
 
 All three of these cards were made using 4646J Seagull Scene and 3442F Deep Joys in wood mounted, which are also included as part of 11225MC Water's Edge Clear Set:
 
 
It's one of six brand new Scissor-Cut Scenes stamp sets. This striking collection features bold designs inspired by the Swiss-German folk art tradition of Scherenschnitte, brought to life in rubber and polymer for expanded paper crafting options.
 
We'll be presenting more of them in upcoming posts, but for now I wanted to include two more cards made with the other image in this stamp set. As you can see from the above projects, these images can be colored with your favorite media, such as colored pencils or alcohol markers.
 
However, the silhouette style also plays well with just an ink pad, as you can see in this easy-to make, tone-on-tone card:
 
 
You can also experiment with various background techniques, and stamp the image in black on top (with a few spots accented using a white gel pen):
 

Would you like to a chance to win a stamp set from this collection, Inky friends? If so, please check out the entire Scissor-Cut Scenes collection on this page, and let me know which ones are your favorites. By leaving your comment, you'll be entered in a BLOG CANDY giveaway.

On Thursday, January 30th, I'll randomly choose the winner and post the lucky person's name here on the blog, so please check back to see if you've won!

8 comments:

Diana N. said...

I found myself drawn to "Pet Pairings" clear set.

Jennifer Scull said...

I can't choose between 'Bear & Bees' and 'Deer & Bunny' because both are equally precious in my eyes with fabulous sentiments. but then I pretty much love anything Nancy draws. ;)

a wonderful release, Inky Antics!

Katie said...

Love the deer and rabbit set as my favorite and then the bird and duck set...but really, I love them all. I really like that the clear sets come with the perfect quotes or sentiments, you guys really do a good job pairing them up. Wonderful card ideas, I absolutely love the last card. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

ScrappingBeauty said...

I love these stamp sets! Silhouettes are so sophisticated yet I suppose simple to stamp. I favor pet pairings and deer with the bunny. Thanks for the chance to win! I would love to see these type of stamps in a girl silhouette set with their hair styled differently.

Sue D said...

It is hard for me to pick a favorite as they all have images that are special to me. I like the different techniques used in the examples today.

Beverly S. said...

I like them all! :) But with this bitter cold weather we are having, it would be fun to use the Water's Edge stamp set to "escape" with. ;) Not only would these sets be pretty stamped with black ink, but they would also be beautiful with colored inks.

stamping sue said...

water's edge ---- bears and bees are my favorites in these stamp sets.
I found 8 differences in the two cards.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Nancy said...

So glad to see how much everyone enjoys this collection! And Katie, I couldn't agree more - Jackie created the most wonderful coordinating sentiments and I love the font too.