Tuesday, March 25, 2014

"Try It Different" Tuesday: Deer & Rabbit Scenes

Now that spring has finally arrived (or so they tell me...at least on the calendar!), I thought it would be fun to spotlight our 11222MC Deer & Rabbit Clear Set:
 
 
This delightful pair of images is part of the Scissor-Cut Scenes collection, drawn by Inky artist Nancy Baier of Shady Tree Studio. Nancy also happens to be a very talented stamper, and she used this set to make several wonderful cards. 
 
Since Easter is right around the corner, let's start with the bunny scene. Here it's heat embossed with white powder, which acts as a resist for the watercolors used to fill in the image:
 
 
I love the coordinating "bead borders" on the matted layers, added using a white gel pen. It's repeated below, but this time the embossing powder is a warm copper hue (with additional areas colored in white): 
 
 
Of course, you don't have to heat emboss at all. Just stamp in any color ink you choose, and fill in the rest as desired. The solid images make a bold statement on their own, but you can also use a marker outline to make parts of them "pop," as the light blue does in this one:
 
 
We can't forget about the deer, who's come to join his bunny friend. Check out this simple yet elegant card, which is perfect for sending a "thinking of you" note to someone special:
 
 
Nancy explains more details about this lovely project and gives a handy tip in her blog post here.
 
And now we're back to that pretty copper powder, which mimics the colors of the forest in this more masculine design:
 
 
Would you like to play with this stamp set, too? Just leave a comment to let us know, and you'll be entered in our BLOG CANDY drawing. 

I'm heading to the Stamping By The Sea show in Cambridge, MD in a couple of days, so we're going to leave this drawing open until Sunday night. On Monday, March 31st, I'll randomly choose the winner and post the lucky person's name here on the blog, so please check back to see if you've won!

6 comments:

guilinger2 said...

What a gorgeous stamp Set!

Denise Bryant said...

Gorgeous cards from this beautiful set! I'd love to have this set to create with! Thanks for the chance to win it!

Katie said...

This is my favorite set from you newest release! My stamp store still does not have these stamps in, although they just got the never-ending square in... I love the first card with the white embossing, and the last card with the copper - awesome look. Great cards! :) Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Sue D said...

Would love to play with these nature sets. I like the special touches on each card.

Celise McLaughlin said...

I had my eye one of these stamp sets at our local scrapbooking store in Myrtle beach, but I couldn't get it this trip. I have a few other inky Antics stamp sets I purchased recently and I have attended some classes too. For me everything is recent, I have only been a stamper for 6 months. Already very vested and very obsessed.

Celise McLaughlin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.