Tuesday, April 8, 2014

"Try It Different" Tuesday: Square Cage Embellishment & Springing Pop-Out Cards

Last week, you saw how we used the IAD-008 Square Cage Die to create three different card designs. Guess what? There's even more you can do with it! Yep, it's just one little ol' metal die:
 
 
It looks so unassuming, but it can help you make a pretty embellishment to decorate your card, too:
 
 
Want to give it a whirl? You can download a PDF file for the instructions by clicking here.
 
And check out this project that utilizes the same die:
 
 
When you pull the card out of the plastic sleeve, the piggy panel jumps out at you and reveals the "hidden" images and saying underneath:
 
 
It sort of works like an Action Wobbles spring...but on steroids, as you can see in this side-angle view:
 
 
Just click here for the instructions if you want to know how to make it yourself.
 
You may also have noticed we used some adorable critter stamps from Inky artist Janie Miller on today's cards. They're part of the April Inky Board Program:
 
 
The IAD-008 Square Cage Die and all of the stamps shown above can be found at participating retailers this month. Please click here for a list of stores who received this collection. We encourage you to call ahead to verify they have these products in stock, and then please visit them to make your purchase. 

Do you know a local stamp or scrapbook store that might be interested in our board program? Please ask them to email me for details. If they sign up for it and provide your name as a referral at that time, I'll send you a thank-you prize!
 
Hey, would you like a chance to win this fantastic Square Cage die? Please leave us a comment telling us which of the projects shown on the sample board is your favorite, and that will also be your entry for a BLOG CANDY giveaway.
 
On Sunday, April 20th, I'll randomly choose the winner and post the lucky person's name here on the blog, so please check back to see if you've won!

9 comments:

Indy said...

OMG--The wobbly pig card is absolutely incredible! Very creative and super fun!

stamping sue said...

I remember years ago I used to have a stamp like this square die...we had to use exacto knife to do all the cuts!!!!! I hated it! but now with this die it looks a lot easier and less stressful.
I like the pop up caged pig card.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/
p.s. watch your snail mailbox for a little suprise.

Diana N. said...

I have to go with the sea gull and the little birdie with the sentiment comparing friendship to music. I want that sentiment stamp!

Katie said...

I really like that you turned it into an embellishment, that is a great card design! And I love the card with the bunnies on the front with the bow and when you pull it is says, "Sending hugs from the Easter bunny!". So many great ideas. Love that you can stamp on top of it or hide it behind a panel. I didn't really understand how it would work inside of the card...like you did with the Hoppy Easter card, but I see now that there is a PDF file to look at. Looks like a lot of fun to work with! Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Sue D said...

They are all so cute but the chicken on the fence is my fave.

Denise Bryant said...

I really like the embellishment on the monkey card! Looks like fun to make!

Celise McLaughlin said...

I love the jungle animals, the colors used on the board are gorgeous. Especially the lion. What a great idea to use the square cage behind it. Love this technique.

Mary-Anne V said...

Such fun...the pig card is adorable but from the board I like the chick sitting on the fence because I love how the card looks like one solid card front.

Michele Slater said...

I love the pig card. Thank you for all the great ideas and for the chance to win one of my own.