Tuesday, May 20, 2014

"Try It Different" Tuesday: Songbirds

The weather this time of year can be a bit unpredictable. For example, yesterday's high in Minneapolis was 63 degrees, and I'm told that later today it may hit 81 degrees. Isn't that crazy? But I'm definitely not complaining, no sirree!
 
At least spring has finally arrived, and I feel pretty confident that we won't be getting any more snow for the next several months (unless I've just jinxed us, ha!). I've really enjoyed seeing the birds and other critters making their appearance, which inspires me to share this cheerful card with you:
 
 
Michelle Pearson created it using 11217MC Songbirds HoneyPOP Clear Set (drawn by artist Tammy DeYoung):
 
 
She also made this fun version, which utilizes other stamps in the same set for completely different results:
 
 
 And while this card works beautifully as a standard greeting, of course you can add the HoneyPOP "surprise" inside, if you wish:
 
 
For our display boards at the Winter CHA show earlier this year, Michelle had done a third variation. Unfortunately, I forgot to snap a close-up photo before putting it into our Inky show booth...so if you really want to see it, hopefully you can visit us at an upcoming convention.
 
Here's a hint on what you'll be looking for:
 
 
Were you able to spot it? You can click on the picture for a larger view. Leave a comment to let me know which one it is, and you'll be entered in our BLOG CANDY drawing for this stamp set.
 
On Sunday, May 25th, I'll randomly choose the winner and post the lucky person's name here on the blog, so please check back to see if you've won!
 

10 comments:

stamping sue said...

third row - last card to the right. did I pick correctly?
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

ellenmcrawley said...

second row,card farthest to the right side.
Thanks,
Ellen

Diana N. said...

Second row, end card on the right.

bvalentin said...

second row from bottom. third card from the right. hope I'm right

Sue D said...

My guess is the last card in the second row.
This is such a cute set.

Maxine D said...

My guess is third row down on the extreme right.
Thanks for the fun
Maxine

Mary-Anne V said...

Aww...these birds are so cute and so appropriate for this time of year. I see the image from the set in the top right last card second row from the top. Thanks for the chance to win.

Tammy C said...

All the way to the right, the second one down. Love this set!

Denise Bryant said...

Third row down, last card on the right looks like another version to me!
I see that the last cards in both the 2nd and 3rd rows feature that set, but the 2nd row card looks like the one pictured above with one bird on a branch.

Katie said...

Second row down from the top all the way over to the right. And wow, I love those flower cards and the card with the borders, wow! The two birdies in the nest is so sweet. Love hearing the birds chirp each day...my favorite sound. Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.