Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday Funnies: Elevators

Did you know that today is National Talk in the Elevator Day? I'm not sure who makes up these special days, but if you think that you'd like to participate, the first step would probably be to find an elevator with some people in it.

Maybe it would contain up to nine folks...or a horse, or a few thousand pigeons:


Then you'll want to figure out what you're going to say:


You could tell a joke, such as this one (apologies in advance to any blondes):

Three blondes are in an elevator, when the elevator suddenly stops and the lights go out. They try using their cell phones to get help, but have no luck. Even the phones are out.

After a few hours of being stuck with no help in sight, one blonde says to the others, "I think the best way to call for help is by yelling together."

The others agree with the first, so they all inhale deeply and begin to yell loudly, "Together, together, together."

Or perhaps this one:

"Take me to the 10th floor," said Mr. Smith as he entered the elevator in a fancy high-rise building.

When they reached their destination, the bellhop opened its gates and announced, "The 10th floor, son."

"Why did you call me son?" inquired Mr. Smith indignantly. "I am not your son."

"I called you son because I brought you up," replied the bellhop.

Or just a simple riddle:

Q: What did one elevator say to the other elevator?
A: I think I'm coming down with something!

Now, I don't advocate vandalism, but I have to admit this bit of graffiti made me smile:


This one, too:



Hope you have an "uplifting" day, Inky friends! (I know...groan. Ha!)

3 comments:

Carol L said...

Ahhh, I love coming here on Fridays for my chuckles and grins :) I love the fun stuff you share ;)

Sue D said...

Every time I get in an elevator I will think of this post--especially the list of annoying to do.

Linda R. said...

I agree...the annoying things to do is great...now do I have the nerve to try any of them???