Tuesday, August 5, 2014

"Try It Different" Tuesday: Tall Bag Template Variations

Hey, Inky friends, are you interested in seeing a few new ideas using this stamp from our Gifts In A Snap collection:


If so, we've got this one in the bag! The 10189X Tall Bag Template, I mean. Talented Inky designer Debbie Fisher made some adorable projects with neat variations that I'm excited to show you today.

You're probably already familiar with the original way to assemble this bag, shown here with a sentiment from 11083MC Pampered Benton Clear Set and a cheerful checkered ribbon bow:


Instead of tucking in the clasp, you can place a hook-and-loop closure or magnetic snaps beneath the tab, and cover the front with a button or other cute embellishment:


Did you notice how the cut-out Banner Angel image (0491J in wood mounted, or part of 11136MC Rejoicing Angels Clear Set) extends slightly past the sides of the bag? You're not just limited to images that fit perfectly onto the box!

If you wish, you can cut off the handles completely, as in this project:


"[This open design] reminds me of a popcorn box," says Debbie, "so I thought it would be fun to put in some popcorn seasoning as a gift [inside]."

And how perfect is that Shaker Chef image (1638G in wood, 10961LC in clear) to decorate the front?

You can also choose to cut around only the top part of the handles, scoring and folding the two flaps to make a covered-style bag:


Debbie selected the Pastry Chef (2233G in wood, 10957LC in clear) to stamp on the front of this one, and she suggested filling the bag with small bottles or vials of colored sprinkles. (Or use 0045J Cookie Turtle instead, and put little cookies inside.)
 
Which bag do YOU like best? We hope you're inspired to give one of these a try! 

5 comments:

Jennifer Scull said...

what a cute template! I've not seen it before. sheesh, guess it's way past time for me to go browsing the store again. been too long. ;)

love all of the fun samples, too!

Denise Bryant said...

These are all so cute! I like the last one, since it has a closed top. That's the kind I'd make to enclose my holiday goodies in!

stamping sue said...

I like the last two designs.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Sue D said...

I like them all--can't choose a favorite!

Jackie Wamhoff said...

Thank you so much for your comments, Ladies. I'm glad you like these! Debbie came up with some fun ideas for using this template, and I was glad to share them with you. :-)