Friday, September 12, 2014

Friday Funnies: Favorite Cartoons Follow-Up

Congrats to Sue D, whose name was drawn randomly from these blog candy entries.

Sue D said...
Hope these links work. They crack me up. They are from a blog called The Chicken Chick but are not about chickens...[links included]
September 6, 2014 at 12:38 PM

These are the photos that Sue had linked to:
   



I also said that we'd mail a goodie to my personal favorite entry. After pondering the options, I chose Denise Bryant's submission.

Denise said...
I love all the Grumpy Cat pics that are so popular right now! Here is one of my favorites!
[Submitted via email]

(Sue D and Denise, please email me with your address by September 30th to claim your secret prizes.)

If you're wondering about the Grumpy Cat that Denise referred to, this is the example she sent:


"Grumpy Cat" is a nickname given to an angry-looking snowshoe cat that rose to fame online after its pictures were posted to Reddit in September 2012. The cat's real name is Tardar Sauce.

Memes featuring this frowning feline spread quickly, with crabby quotes plastered all over Tardar Sauce's photos:




There are not one, but two, Grumpy Cat books that have been published:


Grumpy Cat also has apps, including a plug-in for the Weather Kitty app:


(I just downloaded the GrumpyBomb app, where Grumpy Cat photobombs your pics, but I haven't had a chance to play with it yet.)

You can even buy Grumpy Cat merchandise, such as t-shirts, mugs, and even a droll-looking plush animal:


Similarly, Grumpy Grandma was an instant online hit:


This one made me giggle:


Apparently, Grumpy Grandma really made the rounds:


Thanks to everyone who made time to participate last week. I hope your day is a decidedly NON-grumpy one!

6 comments:

Mary-Anne V said...

Very funny ladies...congrats to the winners and have a wonderful weekend!

Denise Bryant said...

Excited to see that I won one of the prizes! These were fun, and I hadn't heard of Grumpy Grandma before!

Sue D said...

The grumpy cat and grumpy grandma are too funny!

Carol L said...

What a fun post! The donkey's are too funny, and so is grumpy cat and grandma! Thanks for the chuckles each Friday ;)

Linda R. said...

Ha Ha! Love that Grumpy Cat.

Blogger said...

If you need your ex-girlfriend or ex-boyfriend to come crawling back to you on their knees (even if they're dating somebody else now) you got to watch this video
right away...

(VIDEO) Win your ex back with TEXT messages?