Monday, December 1, 2014

New Year's Return


As many of you know, on October 19th, our son was born 9 1/2 weeks early. Having a preemie in the NICU has been challenging, yet Steve and I feel very fortunate that Will's progress has been steady. Our friend Wendy Vecchi has nicknamed him Lucky, but as his parents, we are truly the lucky ones.

If you've been following our journey on the Caring Bridge website, please know how much we appreciate your concern, support, and encouragement. It means so much to us!

My intention was to return to posting on the blog this month. I knew things would be hectic with a baby in the hospital, but I miscalculated the number of hours I'd have available each day that weren't devoted to feedings, for example. Ha ha, the folly of a first-time mom!

In any case, unfortunately I must extend my blog leave for now. I hope to return during January and ask that you please check back with us. Until then, we wish you a very happy holiday season filled with love and laughter!

10 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful Family photo! Enjoy your Family! I will continue to check back frequently!

stamping sue said...

Congratulations on your son. take it easy and enjoy that new baby.
stamping sue
http://stampingsueinconnecticut.blogspot.com/

Sue D said...

As the grandma of a preemie I understand your need to take a blog leave. Enjoy little Will--he is doing so well. I will keep your family in my prayers for continued success in his progress and that he will come home soon.

Sue from Oregon said...

Your life will take so many wonderful twists and turns and priorities will change. I am thrilled to see this wonderful little family pic! Oh so sweet. Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help!!!

Tammy C said...

Beautiful family! You have so much to be thankful for! Continued prayers. Enjoy this special "first Christmas".

Tina said...

Jackie, thanks for sharing this wonderful family photo. Congratulations. He is beautiful! I will keep you in my thoughts. Take care. Hugs to you!

Jennifer Scull said...

what a precious photo of the 3 of you! thank you so much for sharing!

you just take as much time as you need. we will be here whenever you are able to come back.

until then, just treasure every moment with that adorable little boy! he is far more important than we are.

Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family! :)

Katie said...

So sweet! Congratulations! Best wishes to you! My sister also had preemie twins at 28 weeks, I believe she went into the hospital at 21 weeks and was bed bound and didn't make it home again until they were born. Looks like a beautiful bundle of joy!

Katie B.

Mary-Anne V said...

congrats again and love the sweet family picture. Enjoy your time as a new family and all the best in this new year!

Jennifer Scull said...

just checking in to see how you are doing.... it's been a while. just want you to know you are in my thoughts. still loving my Inky Antics stamps, of course! post a photo or two or twenty if you ever have time! we'd love to see what's going on, even if it has absolutely nothing to do with stamping. :)

love ya!